Sunday, March 11, 2012

Paleo Crepes

These crepes are a perfect breakfast solution, easy to make and healthy.  Good substitute for pancakes...

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp Coconut flour
3 Eggs
1 tsp Honey
1/2 cup Coconut milk
1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
Fresh fruit
Top:
2 Tbsp Dark chocolate chips melted 
1/4 cup Chopped pistachios
Cinnamon

Directions:
Mix together flour, coconut milk, eggs, honey and vanilla.
Heat a non stick pan greased with coconut oil on medium heat.
Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture per crepe in the pan and cook until edges are light brown, flip to other side.
Fill crepes with fresh fruit and drizzle with dark chocolate and sprinkle with pistachios and cinnamon.
Makes 6 crepes.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I found your site by reading this recipe on www.paleomg.com . I love your crepes! It is one of my favorite foods, and my go to recipe when I want something that feels "bready". Its newest incarnation is putting the eggs in the vitamix blending for 30 sec, then put everything else in and blend another 30 sec. Pour it into a hot, greased (oven proof) skillet. Cook until the bottom is a little brown, then bake at 450 until the top is set. Plate and cover w/ fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crepes, I can't wait to give his a try! I have a vacation day on Friday so I will have time to cook it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this and I couldn't flip it without it completely falling apart. Are there any tricks to this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you grease the pan with coconut oil and pour the batter in when the oil is hot, let the crepes cook until the sides are golden brown. Then flip with a wide spatula, like the ones used for pancakes. I hope this will help.

    ReplyDelete